At ENTSC we have made it our mission to provide the highest quality comprehensive ear, nose, and throat care in a safe, friendly, respectful, and professional environment. While the COVID-19 pandemic has posed unprecedented challenges for everyone, we are proud that we have been able to keep true to our mission by rapidly adopting virtual Telehealth Visits and by keeping our clinics open for patients with urgent medical needs.
Because the safety of our patients and staff has always been a priority, we have recently instituted the following measures to ensure that safety:
- Pre-screening for symptomatic patients
- Reducing wait times and exposures in all areas of the clinics
- Adjusting clinic schedules to better accommodate patient needs and requiring face masks to be worn by staff and patients at all times.
In addition, we have enhanced our personal protective equipment use and intensified our cleaning protocols to ensure everyone’s safety. While guidelines for best practices are continually changing, we are confident that as a private, highly-specialized clinic we are able to quickly adapt and ensure the safety of those who trust us with their healthcare needs, and will continue to do so moving forward.
We are pleased that we can now expand our clinic appointment availability to better meet the needs of our patients. For patients with health concerns that can be assessed virtually, we continue to offer Telehealth Visits. These virtual visits are often a more convenient and comfortable option depending on your healthcare needs. We know that many of you have had your appointments or surgeries postponed, and for that we apologize. The restriction on performing elective surgeries has recently been lifted by Governor Walz, and we look forward to rescheduling these procedures as soon as possible.
For those of you arriving to our clinics for an appointment, some important changes are being made. As we increase our safety measures, we are asking for your help as well. The following requirements have been put in place to ensure everyone’s safety.
- You are required to bring a mask or face covering and wear it throughout your entire visit. This is not only for your protection but for the protection of those around you.
- When possible, arrive to your appointment alone. Of course, for minors and adults needing assistance, a guardian or caretaker will be welcome in the exam room as well.
- Do not schedule an appointment if you have a fever, cough, loss of smell, taste, or any respiratory symptoms. We are not a COVID-19 testing site, but we will direct you to the appropriate clinic if needed. If you have a previously scheduled appointment and are experiencing any of the symptoms listed above, we ask that you cancel your appointment and reschedule when you are symptom-free. By working together we can help reduce the risk and exposure to COVID-19 and other contagious illnesses.
We have missed you, and we look forward to caring for you in one of our 10 locations as soon as you need us.
—Nissim Khabie, MD, ENTSC President & Brian Drew, MD, ENTSC Medical Director