Our Audiologists provide the following hearing healthcare services:

  • Behavioral audiologic evaluation for infants, children, and adults
  • Objective testing of hearing function for infants, children, and difficult to test populations, including Auditory Brainstem Response (ABR) and Otoacoustic Emissions (OAE)
  • Analysis of middle ear function and disorders
  • Electronystagmography, for assessment of dizziness and balance problems
  • Evoked potentials for assessment of retrocochlear dysfunction, Meniere’s Disease, and facial nerve function including: Auditory Brainstem Response, Electrocochleography, and
  • Electroneuronography
  • Hearing Aid Assessment for patients with identified hearing loss
  • Hearing Aid Fitting, repair, batteries, assistive communication devices and related services are provided by our affiliate: Minnesota Hearing Aid Professionals, Inc.

What is an Audiologist?

An Audiologist is the health care professional specializing in the diagnosis and rehabilitation of hearing disorders.

All Audiologists hold a Masters or Doctoral degree from an accredited college or university.

Additional requirements, including a national examination and Clinical Fellowship, are necessary to receive the Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC) from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.

Audiologists in Minnesota are licensed by the Minnesota Department of Health to practice Audiology and dispense hearing aids. Continuing education is required to maintain these credentials.

How’s Your Hearing? Ask an Audiologist!

Call any of our clinic locations for further information, or to arrange a hearing evaluation or hearing aid assessment.

What are some signs of hearing loss?

  • Asking for repetition frequently
  • Feeling that people are not speaking clearly or “mumbling”
  • Increased difficulty hearing in the presence of background noise
  • Difficulty hearing female or child voices
  • In children, lack of response to sound or delayed speech and language development
  • Frustration and withdrawal from social situations

When should I see an Audiologist?

If a hearing loss is suspected, the Audiologist is the professional that is trained to assess and manage this condition. Your Audiologist will take a brief medical and hearing health history, physically examine your ears, and evaluate your hearing using tones, speech, and middle ear tests. He/she will also ask you questions about your lifestyle and hearing needs.

If a hearing loss is detected that indicates a medical problem, your Audiologist will refer you to an ENT (Ear, Nose, and Throat) physician for further evaluation. Otherwise, your Audiologist will discuss amplification options as needed.

Can Audiologists evaluate hearing in infants and children?

Yes. Special tests are available that do not require the child to provide a response. Additionally, behavioral tests can be modified into a game-like task, so that a child is interested in providing a response. You should see an Audiologist immediately if a hearing loss is suspected in an infant or child. Hearing well is critical for normal speech and language development.

Learn more about our audiologists: